Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Crustless, Date Sweented, Pecan Pie



Pecan pie is my favorite pie. I cannot go a Thanksgiving without it! Years ago, I tweaked the recipe to omit the crust, cane sugar and corn syrup.The results were more amazing then I could have hoped for. In my opinion, it's BETTER than regular pecan pie.

  • 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cup chopped, pitted dates
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
  • 2 cups chopped toasted pecans
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons frontier butterscotch flavor
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten

In a blender or food processor, puree the dates until smooth  (you may need to add a teaspoon or two of water depending on how dry your dates were). Combine the dates, butter and salt in a medium sauce pan. Heat well stirring consistently for about minute. Remove from heat and ad butterscotch, vanilla and nuts. Set aside for five minutes. Then add eggs and whisk until smooth. Place mixture in a well buttered pie pan and bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until set. Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. So I didn't wind up making this yet but I did pin it on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/liontigerbear/things-i-want-to-eat/) and I WILL make it eventually! Hard to bake right now with no oven of my own. :)

    Keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails