Thursday, January 5, 2012

Good Housekeeping - Thursday


This week I am writing a series on good housekeeping. I'm sharing my rhythm and what works for me every day as I go about my week tidying up after all our boys! :)




Daily Wisdom

:: Dishes, 2-3 times per day
:: Straighten up main area for 10 minutes after each meal time
:: Check the chickens
:: Brush the dog
:: Read my scriptures
 
 
Thursday
:: Laundry
This is my midweek laundry round up to keep it from getting out of control. I also like to wash bathroom towels on this day too and any other odds and ends like kitchen rags, my apron, oven mitts, etc.

:: Clean Kitchen
Wipe down counter tops, cabinets, door frames and the walls around food preparing and consuming areas. Wipe down baseboards, table tops, chairs, high chairs, stools, the outside and inside of the fridge and freezer. Wipe down appliances, clean out the stove inside and out, organize cupboards, wipe down shelves, etc. Throw away spoiled food and when needed rotate your food storage area.

My laundry room and kitchen are connected so I take this time to wipe down the outside of the washer and dryer when they need it and straighten up anything in the area that needs it. 
 
*Note: If you haven't had a regular housekeeping schedule the first week of this schedule may seem daunting. It may take you hours each day to complete the tasks. But rest assured if you do it for a week, the next week it will take you about 20 minutes to complete each daily task.

If you can't spare a week to get everything in order consider making a list of what needs to be done in each area and dividing it up over a month so that maybe you are working in each area, each day, for only 45 minutes but after the month is over you are caught up and can proceed to keep things in order with only a 20 minute or so commitment each day :)

If you missed Wednesday you can see it here. What do you think we are doing on Friday? Stay tuned and find out! :)

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."
-Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails