Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Morning Grace

...That's what I'm calling it. Morning Grace. It's that moment when your eyelids first flutter open. Before you even realize you have to pee or that your neck is stiff. It's that perfect moment when Heavenly Father's breath lingers on your cheek like a father who just kissed you and stepped from the room.




It's then that you are most filled with God's grace. You don't remember how your children don't listen, or how your grandmother is ill. You haven't yet remembered that your husband has left the trash full in the kitchen for days or that your eight year-old refused to do his school work yesterday.




You simply know that you ARE. You feel your breath come in as you adjust to being awake and if you try to keep all thoughts from your head you can hold on to this feeling.

This is when family bed can be the greatest. A hug, a cuddle, and embrace, a kiss - all in this moment when things our pure, untainted and God-like.

It seems as though that the second we let our guard down it's gone. We have to work so hard to get back to that state of grace, through careful practice, reading of scriptures, prayer, thankfulness and constant attention to the present moment. The rest of the day we practice grace and we fall over and over and over again.



I enjoy this early morning grace, when the newness of the day is simply handed to me like a gift. Before my human thoughts pull me away. When I am still lingering in the arms of angels....


Recently I have been very inspired by Ann Voskamp. I adore her, she saved my life with her book One Thousand Blessings, Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. The title just says everything, doesn't it? What a simple yet life changing concept. 


Over at Ann's blog she shares thoughts intermingled with links at the bottom of her posts. I wanted to start doing this here at Wise and Glorious Purpose to expand the experience for this blog, to share with you what's on my mind and heart and to create a greater space for experiencing that Wise and Glorious Purpose that is motherhood!


Life is so precious. I hold each of my dear children close and I can't imagine life without them. I pray all women have the opportunity to experience the unexpected JOY that is mothering.

The earth was created with such abundance and it never fails to amaze me how our Heavenly Father planned natural methods for our every need.This is simply amazing.

If you're anything like me I can get so hung up on "making" my children do this or that. I feel pressure to make them conform so they will "behave." Here's something more important to focus on.

I loved having my babies at home but here's a story (and a cute newborn picture!) to remind us that birth can happen anywhere!

I may be young but when comes to operating the computer, especially the new facebook mess (blah!) I can feel like this couple. What a sweet portrait of enduring love. I pray my husband and I will be this adorable when we are their age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails