Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Peek at Our Nature Table

The subject of nature tables came up on a forum site I frequent and it gave me the idea to share some pictures of our nature table here on my blog.

We've been "nature tabling" for about 6 years now. Sometimes our displays have been very elaborate, other times super simple. 

Right now our table is quite simple. It speaks to me of this quiet, winter time of sparseness and barren landscape.


We use a faux-fur lining. The man and woman figure were made by a friend using items she collects on the beach. The man is chopping wood (our papa) the woman is gathering or harvesting with a basket and she has a baby on her back (me!). 

Deer antlers are the large "bridge" like structure over the whole thing. My eldest actually found these in the woods near our home. A twig of madrone leaves with a red berry still attached is poised on top. 






Acorns and other winter treasures collected by the kiddies :)


This is where the nature table stands in relation to our home. It's currently located on the middle shelf of our dinning room display case. Underneath I usually place additional seasonally themed decorations, here we see our St. Lucia doll, yule gnomes and a book on the nativity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails