Thursday, August 4, 2011

Waldorf on a Dime

I'm always on the prowl for Waldorf toys and imagination ideas on the cheap. Here are some of my latest finds and/or ideas!



This basket chicken was 35 cents at my local Senior Center Thrift Shop. It opens up in the middle to hide treasures. I found the hand painted silk at the same shop for $1!
 Since I have boys they don't really use a play kitchen. 

This is an alternative. A simple stand that becomes a table, a market stand, a horse, etc. I found this foot stole at Goodwill for $5. 

It's draped in a faux leather I found at the Senior Center Thrift Shop (SCTS)  for pennies. 

On top we have a set of wood play dishes bought on Etsy for $12, a stack of wooden coasters used as dishes that I found at the SCTS for $1.50 along with a wooden salt shaker which was 10 cents at the SCTS! 

The orange I knitted from yarn purchased at the SCTS, so that cost maybe a penny total. 



 Okay so in this picture we have the wooden, old fashion phone I found at Goodwill for $8. The kids LOVE this one! The metal bucket came from my oldest son's Waldorf homeschool charter school so it was free, the animals inside were knitted using free patterns from Living Crafts Magazine. 

The shelf liner and the shelves the toys are on were a total of $5 at my SCTS!


Another SCTS find. One whole dollar! Makes an awesome addition to the play room!

This set of Eco friendly kids mucial instruments was $30 on Amazon plus free shipping. The basket was 50 cents at the SCTS :)



This is our current dining table center piece. The wooden plate was 50 cents, the wooden duck candle holder was 35 cents (both at the SCTS), and the beeswax candle was $3 at my local co-op.

The walnut shell turtles were a recent late summer craft activity. The green beeswax was $2 at Three Sisters of Ukiah, CA and the walnut shells were from our local co-op and cost pennies (plus we got to eat the nuts!) They are so cute!


What are your favorite ways to save money on natural toys?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails