Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Catching Up

With the holidays and my newest pregnancy (I'm due August 2014 with #5!) I haven't kept up with blogging. I apologize <3



Each pregnancy creates it's own set of unique challenges. Heavenly Father REALLY uses those first few months to put me through the refiners fire! My morning sickness is typically quite bad. A combination of nausea, exhaustion and mood swings leave me feeling very sick and venerable until about my 15th week (2 weeks to go!).

The morning sickness struck the week before Thanksgiving. My mom has been in and out of the hospital for a botched gallbladder surgery which has left her with a barely functioning liver and for the first two weeks of my morning sickness my family was happily taking care of my 13 year old brother who has some special needs.

We had a major snow storm here in Southern Utah that was unike anything this area ever sees! Several inches piled up for days! It was amazing!



Christmas came and went like a blur and then it was onto Disneyland for our family trip my father gave us as a gift.



Heavenly Father's mercy was great, my morning sickness all but stopped on the trip! I was mildly sick a handful of times but nothing like when I am at home.



We had a wonderful time at the happiest place on earth (which also happens to be the most crowded place on earth on New Years Eve LOL)

With this pregnancy I set the goal of holding fast to my calling. During my last pregnancy I didn't attend church for a month at the height of my morning sickness and was unable to serve as nursery leader during that time.

This time around my husband and I have a couples calling as teachers and so far (fingers crossed) I haven't missed a class for illness!

The kids and I are resuming our home schooling schedule after an extra long holiday/mommy's ill break!

I feel so blessed that my Heavenly Father has made me a mother again. Our whole family is eager to meet the new person who will be joining us this year. Large families are a miracle and a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails