Monday, October 27, 2014

A Healthy Fast Lunch for Less

The kids and I were running errands today when it got to be lunch time.

Eeeeek! Amma right?

It's always a grueling mental choice of "save money" vs. "poison my children."

I knew we could hit the drive through for $10 and that would feed all 5 of us.

So I decided to stop by our health food store to see what I could find there for under $10.

I hit the clearance rack and the sales. I'm proud to say I pulled a great haul for $9!

My conditions were that the food must be easy and clean to assemble and eat in the car.

I bought...

A loaf of organic bread $2.50
One bunch of fresh carrots $1.50
6 slices of organic cheese $2.50
One bag of Kettle Chips $1.99

We ate cheese sandwiches, chips and carrots.

I'm determined to make this our regular go-to option for quick meals on the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails