Friday, November 7, 2014

Our Current Weekly Meal Plan (Fall/Winter 2014)



I love rhythm and I love food so it's no secret I like to meal plan. If you've been reading my blog for a while you will remember posts like this, this and this where I share the latest happenings in my kitchen.

So I just revamped our current weekly menu plan and I thought I would share it with you.

My foundations for meal planning are based on the Weston A Price diet and the Bible, which both believe grains are the most important staple of our diet, second come seasonal fruits and veggies, next is wholesome dairy products and lastly a little meat from time to time.

In the past I've been vegan, low carb, paleo, gluten free, grain free, vegetarian, primal, raw foodist, dairy-free - you name it! LOL But I've found that the best answer for my family was the simplest and one based on God's word.


Our Menu

Monday

B - Oatmeal, dried fruit and nuts
L - Meat and vegetable stew and salad
D- Baked beans, salad and oat bars

Tuesday

B - Polenta
L - Baked beans and salad
D - Bean tacos

Wednesday

B - Sweet potato hash browns
L - Refried beans, salsa and salad
D - Broccoli soup

Thursday

B - Eggs and toast
L - Broccoli soup and salad
D - Tomato soup and biscuits

Friday

B - Hot rice cereal
L - Tomato soup and salad
D - Baked bean chili

Saturday

B - Pancakes
L - Sandwiches
D - Whole grain pasta and veggies

Sunday

B - Millet porridge with berries
L and D - Meat and veggie stew (we eat a late lunch/early dinner this day because of our church schedule)


On our salad we've been enjoying my new homemade ranch dressing recipe:

One cup of sour cream
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoons immune boosting spices
1 tablespoon dill
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
2 tablespoons onion powder
dash of salt and pepper

Blend everything together and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails