Saturday, April 11, 2015

Catching Up

Can I brag for a sec? I made the matching dresses and tie :)

I haven't blogged for a while. I apologize. We took a break from all technology, including electric lights for the 40 days of Lent. My 8 year-old challenged us to live like Amish! LOL

It was a very interesting 40 days and I learned a lot. For the first time ever I actually looked forward to day light savings time because it meant an extra hour to clean my kitchen before it got too dark!

I also had to live with the newspaper being my only source of news which meant I missed some things (like Spock's passing, may he rest in peace). I also saw how bias reporting was in my local papers as opposed to being able to fully research a story online. That was disappointing.

All in all I read much more, mostly history books. I discovered a renewed love of history. The kids and I read through Tim Tebow's autobiography and we really loved it. His life story is an amazing example especially to young Christian men :)

We had a wonderful Easter and enjoyed spending time with a few family members. It's so nice to have family nearby and while I still long for my children to have cousins as I did growing up, I am so very thankful for what Heavenly Father has given us :)

His grace and mercy are beyond description.

God bless you! I pray you had an amazing Easter. He lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails