Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Knitting Series: Knit a Tie!


My father's day tie I knit for my Dad 

If you're like me you love to have a project going on your needles. In these hot days of summer though it takes some effort to get excited about knitting since so many knitting projects are winter fare. Knitting a sweater, pool side, somehow just doesn't have the charm you want to feel from this ancient, sacred art.


So, here at Wise and Glorious Purpose we will be regularly updating items for your summer knitting projects in our Summer Knitting Series! So get out those needles, warm up those wrists and drive into some summer knitting fun!

Today's knitting project is: Knit a Necktie! 

A knitted tie is super quick and easy knitting project. I'm thinking about making matching ties for the boys for church. Lots of patterns are available online. Here's some links to get you started :)

This is the pattern I used. I used stripping sock yarn instead of white.

This one is a little more fanciful.

Happy knitting! :)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails