Monday, June 6, 2011

Waldorf Toys for Boys - Peg People Action Figures!

Sometimes we Waldorf mommas can have a hard time getting our boys to give up mainstream toys in favor of Waldorf inspired play. I'm always looking for a compromise, something my son will play with, that reflects his interest but which also is true to the Waldorf standard of natural materials and imaginative play. In that theme, here are the action figures I made for my son's 8th birthday.



Using some peg people I purchased at Etsy.com and some beeswax crayons 
I created this Doctor Who group. From left to right they are a Cyberman, a Dalik, 
Amy Pond, Doctor Who (the 11th), Rory and another Dalik.



This is the crew of SG-1 from Stargate along with a few Jafa friends. 
Daniel Jackson still had a wet spot on his forehead LOL
The creations you can make are endless, superheros, Bible heroes, characters from favorite books, movies, comic books, friends, relatives - whatever you can dream up!

Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Ayla!

    It's Suzy Gallup! I haven't looked at your blog in soooooo long! I am sooooo happy to see that you are still active in church! I'm excited that you are still home schooling and that you are eating Nourishing Traditions too!! You and I have so much in common! We are all on the Gaps diet, but hope to get back to NT again in a couple of years! Your blog is as beautiful as ever. I haven't been blogging much . . . just too busy! I don't know how you do it! I am so happy to see how well you are doing! You're so inspiring. I wish we were neighbors!

    Much love to you,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, thanks for the feedback! I was sooooo proud of these :) They came out so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails