Saturday, October 9, 2010

3 Reasons Not to Get a Flu Shot




Photo Credit



As we explored in yesterday's post, it's cold and flu season. I'm starting to lose count how many friends of mine have ended up in the hospital in the past month or two over flu related conditions. Every year when and if I get the flu my father always tells me, "You should have got your flu shot."

I've never had a flu shot, nope, not a one. I'm grateful that flu shots didn't become popular until I was already an adult and could make a choice for myself. After much research I choose not to get the flu shot for a few crucial reasons.

1. It doesn't work

The CDC's (Centers for Disease Control) own findings have found that you are just as likely to get the flu whether or not you've gotten a flu shot. Yep, that's right, just as likely. The flu shot does not work. Hence the flu shot, at best, is a waste of money, time, energy, and skin poky-ness.

2. Adverse Reactions

Some adverse reactions to getting the flu shot include; fever, rash, headaches, hives, and even seizures. Some people have been permanently disabled. I don't know about you but I don't feel like playing rush n' roulette with my quality of life.


3. Brain Damage 

Many flu shots contain thimersol, which is 49% mercury. Yep, the same stuff that use to make hat markers "mad as a hatter." That's because it's a nero toxin, which means, quite simply, it dulls and injures your brain. Don't know 'bout you, but I really, really, like my brain.


Fairly good reasons, eh? Yes, I know that having the flu is terrible. I hate it especially because I usually end up needing an IV to stay hydrated but the flu is also part of the human condition. It builds our natural immunity that we then pass down to our children, making them stronger. That's how the human race has survived.

So, the next time someone in medical clothing comes up to you and says, "Me like flu shot, flu shot gooooooood." Back away slowly, never run, and go take some Vitamin D. It's been shown to be 800% more effective than the flu shot.



Works Cited



7 comments:

  1. great post!! yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I agree 100% about not getting the flu shot (I got flu twice last year and H1N1, despite having both shots), my body can't metabolise vitamin D. It's a new finding from my doctors. I'm taking 5,000 units daily with no change, and they say nothing much can be done...ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I would ask how are you taking your Vit D? It may be a poor quality supplement?? Is it Vitamin D 3 or D 2? D 3 is the best. I like Source Naturals Vit. D-3. I would also suggest trying to get your D from more natural sources, that may be easier for your body to absorb. Sunshine in the summer months (march through sept) and try eating pork and pork fat from naturally raised pigs, exposed to sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's prescription D 3. I'm in the sun all the time, but have not tried pork or pork fat. I'll try that next. The docs say it's on of my blood mutations that doesn't allow my body to metabolise it but I'm willing to try anything if it might help. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the metabolization problem. I know that traditional cultures combine D with other things and I know you should NOT consume D with Vit A, in inhibits absorption. Be sure to get grass fed, fee range pork fat. Also between sept 21 and march 21 we cannot make Vit D from the sun in the western hemisphere so don't focus on sun time right now, it does no good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't know about the vitamin A thing...not sure how much I'm getting of that at all. I'm on B 6 and B 12 supplements (can't metabolise those either) but I'll start checking my foods for vitamin A to see if that's an issue. I'm going grocery shopping on Friday, will research how to best find proper pork fat in the meantime. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can take vit A later on in the day, just not at the same time you take your D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails