Friday, January 6, 2012

Good Housekeeping - Friday


This week I am writing a series on good housekeeping. I'm sharing my rhythm and what works for me every day as I go about my week tidying up after all our boys! :)





Daily Wisdom

:: Dishes, 2-3 times per day
:: Straighten up main area for 10 minutes after each meal time
:: Check the chickens
:: Brush the dog
:: Read my scriptures
 
 
Friday
:: Clean Floors
I clean the floors in the bedrooms and bathrooms on the days I clean those rooms but on Fridays I target the kitchen floor, the living room and the hallway. First, I wipe down the base boards and scrape the lint and build up out of them. Then I vacuum well. I pull out the couch and vacuum under it and as needed I vacuum the couch including under the cushions every few weeks (be sure to rotate your couch cushions to avoid "butt groves" :)). In the kitchen I sweep the floors well and then mop them down being careful to move aside all dining chairs to get underneath them. I also wipe down the base boards. About every six months I rent a carpet shampooer and clean the carpets with a mix of Dr Bronner's lavender and peppermint soaps.

:: Dust
In the main areas I also dust (I dust the bedrooms and kitchen on their assigned days). I pay special attention to the computer area which becomes very dusty very quickly being sure to move things and get behind and underneath them. Make sure you get the back of furniture and desk areas as well as bookshelves, window sills, picture frames, wall corners, knick knacks, lamps and light fixtures.

:: Windows and Walls
I give the windows in the main areas a good wiping down as needed ( I wipe the outside of them on outside cleaning day ;)) I also wipe down the walls in the main areas of sticky finger build up paying special attention to the door frames and light switches.

Did you miss Thursday? It's right here :)

Tomorrow is our last cleaning day! Are you excited? I am!


"The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe."
- Proverbs 18:10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails